The Advocate


So, the time has come to transition from the new baby seat to one that will grow with him. This milestone occurred much later for Parker than for any of my other babies, that's for sure. At only 18 lbs (3rd percentile) he still has 4 more pounds he could gain before outgrowing his infant carrier. But since he's officially a year old, I decided to order his big-boy car seat. It arrived today so I was fast to get it set to the right size and install it in my van. We even took a ride to WAAF to show daddy. He was unimpressed. That was fine with me! (I was quite impressed!)




His original seat:The new seat:

He seems pleased enough. Okay, so the truth is he has his second ear infection and doesn't feel very well.
Saying good-bye to the old seat. He's growing up so fast.


4 comments:

  1. What a cute pumpkin! :) I quit lugging those seats with handles around when my kids were 8-9 months old, so I switched them to a rear facing convertible carseat then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh, Jenn! He looks like such a big boy in that new seat! I almost started crying. Oh why do they have to "grow up" so quickly??? Everyone of our grandbabies are too old to hold. I still hold Marcy and Luke, but Sydney is too long, Victor and Spencer are 13 and 15 respectively, and it makes me literally sick to my stomach if I even for one minute think about it. I get out their pictures of when they were so little - they were all so beautiful and precious, loving and cuddly. Now our little Parker-man is getting so big. Bless his heart. He's such a love. I'm so glad he is happy in his new car seat. Give him a big hug and kiss from Ommie, okay? Love you all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the photo's to go along w/ the whole milestone transition! He's getting big but, always lovable and snug-able!
    Don't blame you for not wanting to miss this cool milestone I'm Impressed! Men don't get it sometimes the way Moms do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are looking at switching Abigail soon, but are having issues finding a good seat. She's still well within the maximums of the carrier, so we have time.

    ReplyDelete