Taking a break...

So, week 1 of my first online class is almost over. I've learned a lot, and some of it has nothing to do with photography. One very clear thing I've learned is that my life was pretty well scheduled before I added the class. I was able to fit in homeschooling, exercising, house-keeping, and some playtime on email/FB. But when I added the class, I dropped the exercising and housekeeping, keeping only what was of the most importance... homeschooling and email/FB. :)

After 5 days of that I'm discovering that's really not the best plan and am going to swap my priorities around a bit. If you email me and I don't reply, rest assured that I'm not ignoring you personally, but doing my best to keep up with my main priorities and my super-fun and amazingly-informative class.
I find it oh-so-fitting that one of the subjects I used in my practicing with slow shutter speeds was my wall clock. If you look closely you can see the passing of time in the second hand. The minutes I spent taking pictures this past week have not been in vain. I've learned a great deal and really do recommend this class to anyone who has a DSLR and only uses Auto mode. It's great!

But looking at at my house at this very moment, it's bordering on the C.H.A.O.S. that Flylady talks about. I need to take a break from email and Facebook so that I can do what is of most importance to me, and all of that revolves around my family. Feel free to keep emailing and such, but I'm thinking that, until March is over, I will be taking a break. (This next two weeks also happen to include Bailey's and Parker's birthdayS and a trip to London... I have a lot going on and really need to prioritize.)

Not sure how this will work, as I want to post pictures of birthday parties for friends and family in the states, and I will be OH SO tempted to reply back to the comments... maybe I'll find a way to be balanced. Probably not. :)

So, ta-ta for now! See you in APRIL!

(Okay, you know me better than that. I will post on Parker's 1st Birthday WHICH IS IN 9 DAYS, and then again, when I get back from London, but I will be MOSTLY quiet until April...)

No comments:

Post a Comment